Role: Software development manager, [PIAS]
Reporting to: Group IT Director, [PIAS]
What we do
[PIAS] has a long history of serving the independent music community.
The company was founded in 1983 by Kenny Gates and Michel Lambot and is one of the largest independent and private music companies in the world.
Based in London and Brussels with 16 offices worldwide and 300 employees. [Integral] is the music distribution and services division of [PIAS] and operates in our offices around the world to develop, build and leverage local partnerships to increase exposure and avenues to market for the repertoire, labels and artists we work with.
- Being at the heart of the independent music ecosystem
- Discovering, promoting, marketing, selling and distributing relentlessly and with passion the music of labels and independent artists.
- Sharing the music we stand for with passion, integrity and care. To help him meet audiences and build his success.
- Strive to deliver value to our repertoire and client partners and continually challenge ourselves to improve.
Overall management and coordination of resources and processes to deliver superior information systems to [PIAS] Band. Reporting to the Group IT Director, supervising developers within the IT team. Close working relationship with business analysts and group technical architect.
Here you will access:
- Managing the software development team in terms of leadership, guidance, coaching and motivation to maximize performance levels
- Work with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Technical Architect to deliver high quality projects by setting realistic schedules and budgets that meet business requirements
- Ensure that an Agile software development methodology is adequately managed in terms of technical design and implementation
- Act as Scrum Master, helping developers break down work into manageable tasks
- Help developers find elegant and reusable solutions to technical problems in a practical capacity
- Ensure that sufficient processes and tools are implemented to meet business and customer requirements, including version control and change control
- Ensure that knowledge is documented and disseminated throughout the department
- Report on development activities and projects as requested by management
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instills the principles of this culture in the team
Candidates will have:
- Strong technical capabilities from a systems design and business perspective
- 5 years of technical experience in application development and systems integration
- 5 years of experience in various IT platforms including web applications, Oracle, SQLServer and Windows
- 2 years of experience in personnel management
- Methodical, analytical and organized approach with attention to detail
- Eager to learn new ideas and technologies
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Knowledge of the music industry or relevant media
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn on the job.
- Data-driven personality and a people person.
- Ability to mentor and educate.
- Several years of experience in providing revolutionary and disruptive solutions in rapidly changing industries.
- Experience with Jira, BitBucket, Data Warehousing (SQL + Snowflake), Transformation (SSIS and Matillion), Data Visualizations (Tableau), API Integrations (Mulesoft), and Microsoft Power Platform.