Java is the fifth most used programming language in the world in 2021, with a market share of 35.35%. Today, thousands of companies use Java software development services for digital products and solutions. Of these, enterprise software is one of the most requested services by businesses – and Java has been a critical part of the technology stack for the development of these applications.
Business systems are essential for businesses to digitize their operations, manage multiple departments, and streamline the entire organizational workflow. They must be scalable, robust and intuitive, which will allow teams to operate them transparently. Java enterprise software development enables businesses to achieve functional benefits by digitizing their operations through a single, unified system.
According to surveys, 58% of companies use Java in their technology stack. Huge experience surrounds Java, as developers have been using it for over 20 years now. Enterprise solutions require a Java team that can build applications faster and give them a competitive advantage.
This article will highlight the top 7 reasons that highlight why enterprise Java development is at the center of many businesses. It will also focus on the different areas in which companies use the Java programming language.
7 reasons to choose Java for business applications
Java enterprise application development is the cornerstone of many companies in many industries. The versatility of the technology allows companies to create solutions that are easily scalable, robust and maintainable.
Here are 7 reasons why Java is perfect for business applications:
- Stable tongue
- Java is one of the most stable programming languages. It is constantly growing, receiving updates, and has become a stable language over the years. Some of the world’s largest organizations hire Java experts to build solutions that provide stability through technology.
- Enterprise applications must be stable. Java eliminates errors in the solution through several testing techniques. It also allows the development of applications that do not require heavy maintenance.
- Evolutionary development
- Of course, Java applications must be scalable. There are frameworks, tools and libraries that allow the development of scalable Java solutions. There are hundreds and thousands of code libraries that make it easy to scale the application to meet business needs.
- Java is a powerful programming language, which means that it can easily handle heavy traffic loads. It easily fixes some of the most common issues in the application process, leading to better performance.
- Platform independence
- Whether it is a Java enterprise application framework or any library, developers should use it on multiple platforms. Java virtual machines allow developers to achieve cross-platform application development, which simplifies the entire process of building enterprise software.
- Java can be used on macOS, Windows, Linux, or Unix. Therefore, developers can easily test their applications on different systems. This way, they can understand how the solution will work across multiple platforms.
- Best performance
- Custom business software development is very powerful compared to some of the other major languages. Java reduces memory consumption and uses multi-threading to provide better performance. It is fast technology that allows developers to get results in real time.
- Some of the major organizations like NASA, Wikipedia, Tesla, Netbeans, among others, use the programming language to power their solutions. Some companies are also using Java in deep space technologies.
- Various libraries
- During development business applications, libraries are essential for adding new functionality, solving common problems, or finding new approaches to developing the solution. There are free and open source libraries with a suitable license for businesses, which makes it easier for developers to use them for functional purposes.
- The Java ecosystem includes libraries for almost everything, from adding payment integration functionality to deploying applications in the cloud. Java focuses on the holistic development of the solution leading to much better results than other technologies.
- Active evolution
- Java 14 and Java 15 are the latest additions to the Java ecosystem. The programming language receives constant updates, which leads to the active evolution of Java. The latest upgrade is for Java EE 8, which traditionally moves towards enterprise-ready API simplifications.
- Some of the more recent versions of Java have already been made available. Oracle’s large developer community and own team are constantly contributing to the development of Java.
- Mobile applications
- Today, companies need to be mobile. They need solutions that the team can access from their smartphones. Java is the perfect technology for such applications on Android. It is a key programming language for building Android apps over the years using the Android SDK.
- Since the language is platform independent, developers can use the solution from mobile to desktop and easily integrate other applications. Mobile development becomes easier when Java is in the tech stack, as developers have been using the programming language for over a decade to build Android apps.
Java for business: where is it used?
There are several use cases for Java in the real world. Today, as the modern world advances, Java solutions are prevalent in different industries. From insurance to manufacturing, technology is useful in application development from complete ERP systems to digitalization of processes.
Java Consultants provide services in web application development, desktop applications, GUI development, scientific computing, server applications, embedded systems, J2ME applications, and big data technologies. The integration of these applications into business solutions is key to the success of the organization’s digital efforts.
Augmented reality and virtual reality are also on the list of services provided by a Java software development company. Both of these technologies use Java and its frameworks to build on advanced systems that can be used to model solutions and integrate 3D dynamics into business software.
Every Java enterprise application today is developing in one way or another. Since the technology offers many possibilities for development, scalability and efficiency, companies prefer to use the programming language for several aspects of their organization. Today, Java makes digital transformation possible for businesses, which should be reason enough to use it for the development of applications and software solutions.